Classic Americana

Click on any of the pictures below for larger view... January 6: When I saw this material in the store earlier this week, I immedicately thought of the flour/potato sack dresses popular during the WWII era of rationing....I decided to fully line the dress with a rich crimson red and add a few details inspired by the 'American Girl' HBO movie Kit Kittridge. I added a special cut-out design on the back, but I will most likely have to make revisions, as I had to carefully squeeze Madelyn's arms in to fit (I opted to leave out a zipper or button backing - my mistake!)...all in all, I am very happy about this dress, and I think the title of "Classic Americana" suits this piece nicely.

1 comment:

  1. Erika,

    You are really good. I can't believe how easily you made that dress. It's really cute. I have subcribed to your blog so I will be able to see when you update it. And I love the bow holder too. It's really clean and cute! Nice work. =D

    ReplyDelete

January 2010

Over the holiday, my good and long-time friend Julie insisted I start designing and selling my work...I never really considered selling my work seriously to the public, as the amount of time put in comes no where close to equal profit received, but I thought I would give this whole idea a simple start by creating a blog dedicated solely to my work as it is created...a working portfolio as you will. I am always up for a good creative challenge...and will be happy to create a custom project or item for your special occasion or as a gift...handmade happiness...it's made to order...so thanks Julie, thanks for your confidence and fanfare...here it goes...