Missing Camera

Friday, February 19, 2010
Ok, so I haven't had my camera in a while....but I have been sewing and crafting...unfortunately I don't have pics of everything (DARN!)....but here are some things I finished recently, and thankfully I have my camera back..yay!I made this tonight for my niece Izzy....I had bought her a couple of books for her fifth birthday, so I thought I would make her a cute personalized "book bag" to house her books...hope she likes it and the matching blinged-out hair bow!So I have been making a several bibs and matching burp clothes lately...here are some examples...it seems like there are a ton of friends and family with new members or soon expecting! This little trio is for little Gwyn...It's a bag with a travel pillow and little hair clip...sorry for the blurry picture... This is also a gift for Gwyn's second birthday....I made it on a whim...and after I made it I fell in love with it (so did Maddy!!!)...I just used different pieces of fabric to make an owl...I did not use a pattern, I just had fun....it's definitely not even close to perfect, and yes, it is missing a nose...but that just makes it all the more special...I hope Gwyn and Phoebe like this piece...it should match Gwyn's owl/bird-themed room nicely...This is a picture of my friend Kristin's son and the reversible burp cloth I made him...what a cutie (Aaron that is!)
This is an apron I have been promising my friend Erin since last April...good thing I made good on promise....10 months later! I did a free-form (pattern-free) design...reversible...a pocket on the front and the fleur-de-lis print featured on both sides...

1 comment:

January 2010

Over the holiday, my good and long-time friend Julie insisted I start designing and selling my work...I never really considered selling my work seriously to the public, as the amount of time put in comes no where close to equal profit received, but I thought I would give this whole idea a simple start by creating a blog dedicated solely to my work as it is created...a working portfolio as you will. I am always up for a good creative challenge...and will be happy to create a custom project or item for your special occasion or as a gift...handmade happiness...it's made to order...so thanks Julie, thanks for your confidence and fanfare...here it goes...